Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Lone Star-Done At Last!

Lone Star Sampler Quilt



Lone Star quilt is completed and looking great, if I do say so myself! I am pretty proud of myself for all this work and am looking forward to hanging it at our quilt show tomorrow! :)

After that, I will be thrilled to put it on our bed and sleep under it for a long time to come.  :)
I will most definitely not be attempting anything this big of a long while to come.; sticking to some easier, smaller projects for a while.

Continued from previous blog:
The next to last job on the Lone Star quilt was cutting and sewing together all the binding strips. I cut them 2 1/4 inches wide and sewed them together diagonally to make a long binding ‘snake’ 225 inches long!  I pressed the wrong sides together and the binding to the top edges of the quilt. (Took about 1 1/4 hours.) Then I had to fix a couple of spots...


I folded the binding over the raw edges to the back and pinned it in place. After that I hand stitched it while watching TV for 2 evenings, about 4 hours of work.

Last job, I made a hanging sleeve and hand stitched that to the top back of the quilt to hang it in the quilt show. Voila! I was done! :D 

If you are interested in making this quilt, The pattern is found in McCall's Quilting magazine, Jan/ Feb 2014 issue.







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home